Tuesday 8 February 2011

Week 5 decoration- Crochet Gingerbread Man


How do you like Fred? This is another revisit to an early pattern and I'm really pleased with how he turned out. I love the fact that I can now tweak patterns to get the effect I want. In this pattern, the gingerbread men come out quite chunky so I narrowed him down around the body and backed with felt instead of making two separate pieces.
I had some fab buttons from a baby cardi I made earlier this year and used click-in toy eyes which keep him looking simple and sweet. I did add a loop for hanging but I think he looks better on the dresser as a stand-up decoration.
My Fred needs a Ginger though! So I think I'll work up a girl version for next week...

3 comments:

  1. found your gingerbread man on pinterest, thanks for the lovely pattern :)

    ReplyDelete