You will need:
-Any odds and ends of wool (acrylic is a good washable choice for baby drool)
White, yellow, red and black DK cotton for candle
-Size 2.5, 3.00 and 3.5 hook
Shawl (almost a granny!)
1. Ch 4 and SS.
2. Ch 3 (counts as first tr), 2tr in ring, ch 2,
3. (3tr, ch 2) repeat until you have 4 sets as in a granny square. SS to top of first chain.
4. SS along to next ch space, ch 2, 2tr, ch 2, 3tr in same corner space.
5. Ch 2, 3tr, ch 2, 3tr all the way around.
6. SS to the top of the ch 3.
7. Repeat row 6.
8. SS to next chain space. Repeat as above but with ch 1 between each set of trebles.
Candle- I used DK cotton for stiffness and a size 2.5 hook
1. Ch 2, 6sc in sc ch- 6 stitches.
2. Ch 1, 2sc in each stitch- 12 stitches.
3. Ch 1, sc in loop closest to you all the way around, ss into first stitch and ch 1.
4. Sc in a spiral to desired length.
5. SS, fasten off and stuff firmly.
6. Make a separate circle to top the candle (step 1 and 2).
7. Fasten off leaving a long tail and stitch on.
1. Ch 2, 6sc in second chain from hook- 6 stitches.
2. Ch 1, sc in loop closest to you- 6 stitches.
3. Continue up 2 rounds.
4. Sc dec until final stitch, knot tail at the point of the flame and stitch on with black thread for wick.
Dress- Use a size 3 hook for this one
1. Ch 23 and ss into a loop.
2. Sc all the way around and join with a ss.
3. Ch 1 and sc all the way around 3 more rows.
4. (Sc inc, 11sc, sc inc) x2 and ss at the start- 25 stitches
5. Ch 1, sc all around and ss.
6. Ch 3 (counts as first tr), Tr all around and ss into first stitch.
7. (Ch 2, miss 1 stitch, sc in the next stitch) all around to make a scallop edge.
8. SS into first ch 2 space. Ch 3 and 2tr into first space.
9. Ch 2 into next space, putting 3tr into each chain space. SS final ch 2 into first stitch.
10. Ch 1 and sc all around, ( just pop 1sc into each ch 2 space), and ss into first.
11. Repeat sc all around.
12. Ch 3 and tr all around. SS into first.
13. Now for final scallop edge! Ch3, miss a stich and sc into the next stitch all the way around.
14. Straps- Press dress flat so that the increases sit at each side. Attach wool for first strap, ch 1, 2sc across into top of bodice, turn, ch 1, 2sc across. Repeat this to desired length (approx. 11 rows) and fasten off. Repeat for second strap and whipstitch into place.
- Ch 4 and ss into ring.
- 6sc around and ss into first stitch.
- Ch 3 and ss into stitch.
- Repeat step three all around and slip stich to the first.
- Fasten off leaving a long tail for stitching onto the dress.
Please have a go and keep an eye out for more Bunny Fun (I don't think I'm going to be able to stop!)