Sunday 7 February 2016

January!

I've loved my January blanket project so far. It comes with me each week to my Slimming World meeting and keeps me warm as I add each new colour! After a crazy Christmas making stock to sell, it was such a treat to start my Yarndale project from the lovely Lucy at attic24. In fact, my Slimmingworld buddies love seeing the next colour being started as much as I do!

I think I have been hibernating this winter! Honestly, I've never sorted so many drawers, shelves and rooms. The charity shop thinks we are so cruel as old toys and games get ruthlessly discarded although I have learnt not to do this on the sly as you do end up having to re- buy the toy that the girls have just decided they can't live without...


But February has arrived and it's time to get back into my own designs.. HB keeps losing her gloves and now that shops are trying to sell Spring clothes, glove buying is tricky. So here are a quick fix pair of seriously chunky mitts! It's such a buzz to be able to respond to the confident little statement, "Oh, you can just make me a pair, Mummy!" and nonchalantly whip up a pair from scratch in an afternoon
Now I have an easy pattern to knock up for future losses and a very distinct pair for Monday. She now wants a pink pair for home and KJ wants a full length, fingerless pair to go with her poncho (the older they get, the more specific the demands...)
The flowers were not my idea but- hey- at least this pair can't get mistaken for ANYONE else's!



 And so, it's time to get back to my comfy corner of the sofa, finish another blankety row whilst eyeing up my pretty bookshelf as I plan the next project. Maybe some feltie hearts are needed for February??



No comments:

Post a Comment