- I have snatched a few minutes in between making lunches, nap-time and 100 other little jobs to type out this pattern. Let me know if you use it!
(PS- sorry about neon colours as my daughter chose them!)
Small ball of DK wool main colour
Small ball of contrast colour
2.50m/ 3mm hook (I stitch quite loose and need small hook)
SC= single crochet
- Ch 3.
- SC in second ch and in next stitch, Ch 1.
- SC in 2 stitches, Ch 1.
- Repeat until narrow rectangle is the length of Ipod base.
- Do extra SC in last stitch (as a corner), Don't turn.
- SC around the edge, putting 2 SC in each corner.
- SC in last corner, Don't join.
- Now work in a spiral using SC (no 2SC in corners)
- When bag is the desired height go to edge and continue around for approx 14 SC, Ch 1, turn and do 4 SC back.
- Repeat Ch 1 and 4 SC along to build up the strap. Fasten off at desired length.
- Join strap using whipstitch.
- Join contrasting wool at bottom corner of the strap, Ch 1 and SC around the strap and bag.
- Repeat at other corner.
- Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Now add your own embellishments!